AIMS & OBJECTIVES
1. To carry indigenous scientific studies on families and to be aware of the strengths and weaknesses of the families.
2. To disseminate the knowledge about families through different means of communication for the sake of general awareness and welfare of the families.
3. To provide knowledge, skill and support to the families requiring intervention for alleviating their sufferings, and suggesting them ways and means to safeguard against the ailments, and maintain and promote their mental health.
4. To investigate the norms and laws those are contraindicative and indicating the ways and means for smooth functioning and well being of the families.
5. To educate the (prospective) parents the appropriate ways of parenthood according to their social-cultural perspective.
6. To educate the (prospective) couples the ways and means for healthy marital life.
7. To work against man-woman-and-child abuse and neglect in families.
8. To mitigate and eliminate violence in the family.
9. To work for the financial, educational, physical, social, intellectual and emotional well being of children, adults and elderly, men and women in the family.
10. To solve the problems of missing, separated, kidnapped and exploited children, adults and the elderly and their reunion in the families.
11. To solve the problems of widows, divorced, separated couples, orphans and foster-care children.
12. To safeguard men, women and children’s rights, and educate them their duties and morals to one another.
13. To work for the integrity, enrichment and empowerment of the family.
14. To cooperate with all governmental and non-governmental, local, national, regional and international organizations working for alleviation of human sufferings in relation to the aims and objectives of PCFR.
15. To work in congruence with the UN Convention on Rights of the Child and the UNICEF.
16. To suggest and highlight the cultural, regional and national policies on family those are in accordance with healthy individual, social, and national growth and development.
17. Any other aim/objective that is concerned with healthy family relations and is congruent with good spirit of the organizers of P.C.F.R.
P.C.F.R is Registered NGO with the Department of Social Welfare, Government of Punjab, Lahore, Pakistan, since 1994
P.C.F.R is an affiliate member of UN-ECOSOC